- Tuition is due on the first lesson of the month for the lessons scheduled that month.
- You will receive a monthly invoice for your lessons and materials.
- Lesson time options are 30-minutes, 45-minutes or 60-minutes in length.
- Check payable to “Joyspring Music”
- Credit card (an extra 3% will be added to the invoice to cover fees)
- Families with 2 students receive a 10% discount.
- Families with 3 students or more receive a 15% discount.
- Families may request a special scholarship based on financial constraints and the student’s merit and accomplishments.
- Music books and materials will be needed at student’s expense periodically.
- Should I purchase the materials for the student, the cost will be added to the monthly invoice.
Homework / Practice Goals
- The student should have a lesson notebook (either physical or digital) to keep track of homework assignments and practice time. It is important to have this notebook at each lesson and practice time.
- I recommend consistent practice (4–7 days per week) to develop and grow in the various skills.
- Students that achieve their practice goals will receive a special certificate.
Recitals / Performances / Workshops
- I encourage each student to participate in at least one recital, workshop or group lesson that I will schedule each year.
- I encourage students to take advantage of other opportunities at their school, church or family events to perform the music they have learned.
Certificate of Merit (CM)
- CM is an evaluation program that I encourage students to consider. Students learn music from different historical periods, and are tested on repertoire, technique, sight-reading, ear-training, and written theory skills. Evaluations are held in the spring. There is a registration fee due to MTAC (Music Teachers Association of California) in October should a student wish to participate. Upon completion, students will receive a commendation certificate.
Scheduling / Vacations
- Your monthly tuition reserves the student’s time and space for the lessons.
- Lessons are offered in my home studio or virtually via Zoom or Facetime.
- Lessons in student’s home are an option for an extra fee depending on availability, travel time and distance traveled. The travel fee will be added to the monthly invoice.
- Please notify me in advance of your scheduled vacations and conflicts.
- I will give you adequate notice of my schedule conflicts.
Cancellations / Make-Ups / Missed Lessons
- 24-hour advance notice is required to cancel a lesson and receive credit for a make-up lesson for the next month.
- Less than 24-hour notice will not receive a make-up lesson or credit towards the next month except under unusual circumstances.
- Should I need to cancel a lesson due to an emergency or sickness, I will schedule a make-up lesson or credit you towards the next month billing.